Friday, March 3, 2017

To the Library!

Image result for books vintage
I spend a reasonable amount of time in the library... well, sometimes I have to be dragged out, but with that amount of knowledge in one place? Of coarse I take my time! (and that my dear, is very reasonable. you can't read everything in 5 min. you know?) I admit I've been so preoccupied that I didn't get my library card 'till this semester (well, the one for this school anyway.



Why I like the library:
  1. It's easy to study in a place dedicated to learning
  2. Temperature controlled rooms. Seriously. If you're stuck in the cold or,heaven forbid, scorched by the sun just go to the library
  3. Umm... books? Yes. Books. Suitable reading materials that won't cause your eyes to catch on fire, or that "I've been tilting my head up trying to look at the screen for hours while playing skyrim" neck.
  4. Human interaction. If I really want to lie to myself and say that I've spent time with people then the library is the best setting for that. Technically you are spending time with people, even if you don't feel like talking to them.
  5. renting! Yup. Even though i'm someone who hates barrowing from people, I don't mind checkin out books. Sometimes I just don't have the money to buy a book, so this is the next best thing!
  6. Let's not forget movies, and CDs. Your library offers way more than just books. If you're lucky, the library might have reading lists or a recommendation center.
  7. Computers.I can't tall you how many times I've updated my blog from a computer that wasn't at home. (but let's be real, I was also shopping and watching monster high at the same time.)
  8. Getting help. If you're not tech. savvy or just having an off day ask for help. Seriously, that's why the staff members are there.
  9. interest meetings. The library near my old house had intrest meetings in the private rooms. There was an anime club,(where they talked about how the writing formulas for popular anime and manga has changed over time) a botany club,(sometimes we'd meet outside of the library for field trips) and the language and literature club.
  10. you can find out what's happening in the community . Our school's library has a bulletin board full of activities and events.
  11. privacy! I like to sit in the seats that a perfectly tucked behind walls and bookshelves. Sometimes I need a nap, but more often than not I'm just socially exhausted and need to recharge.
  12. but really, human interaction. Study groups thrive on the library for good reason.
  13. The history of a library itself  is interesting. Especially if it's a historical site, or a really old building.

No comments:

Post a Comment