Tuesday, February 14, 2017

mori kei 30day challenge (shadyoaks version) 13-17

13- What films, if any, inspire your mori girl look and life?
  • Snow queen 1982
  • the secret garden
  • into the woods
  • The mourning forest

I'm not a movie buff, but these are movies I would defiantly recommend.

14- do you like to coordinate the colors in your outfits to match the seasons? what colors do you think are most appropriate for each season, and why, if you’d like to explain?
It really doesn't matter to me. I think green I good for any season. I try to put lots of colo into dark mori to brighten it up, and avoid more than one color in regular mori kei just because it looks better to me.




15- post a photo of your favorite personal mori girl coordinate.


I wish I had a better shot of this, but oh well.
The outer layer: Black flora dress (I like to use loose fitting button dresses as jackets.
under that is  a black sleeveless vest that's about waist length.
Under that is a black tank top, and a floor length black skirt.
shoes: black round toed flats

Hair: wine red wig, with lace braided into it, and a black hat from jos. A bank.

accessories: picnic basket, hand made bag

I like this outfit, because its temperature friendly. If I was too hot I could take off a layer, or add a layer if it's too cold. I know that patterns aren't a big thing in mori kei, in fact it's more of a natural kei thing. I like that this is one of those transitional outfit. I didn't start to wear dark mori regularly, but this was the first outfit were I started to feel like myself. I guess it's not that this was my favorite outfit because of the actual clothes, it's because  its the point where I started to have fun with my clothes again. I don't know much, and I'm sure I'll look back on this outfit and cringe (that seems to be the story of my life) but I don't mind. It's a starting point to learning new things and enjoying life in a different way (not saying that I now hate all things super sugary and pink because I like mori kei now. That also holds true for my appreciation for  dark humor beauty and aesthetic.) I think that mori keii has a much more reasonable lifestyle associated with it and that's something I can whole haertedly agree with. I don't know, Hmm.... It's kind of hard to explain but.... You know when you find something  new, but you also know that you'll love it even after the novelty of it has dissipated? That feeling like "oh, hey... this is... this is not a phase! wow this is great, I can do this" That's the feeling I had when I wore this outfit. I know it's not perfect, but neither am I. I hope to learn as much as possible and get better with this style. 




16- post at least 5 photos that inspire you. They don’t necessarily have to be fashion!




I really want to contribute to a community. Lurking around is something that I usually do, but I struggle getting out there. I've made videos, and post things every now and then, but I know I could do better. This is actualy a picture of the kawaii community that I was in. I chose this photo because this was the day that i really started to notice people bonding together.Some of the lovely ladies stood up for those who didn't want their picture taken and shared tips on how to improve their style. It was gratifying to actually get out of my comfort zone and meet people. I kind of keep the picture around to remind myself to get out there.

I want to live my life as an adventure. (Not like the " I woke up in an alley three states over smelling like vodka, and have a tattoo of deaf leopard on my calf and may have had a organ harvested" adventure) I want to save the good moments, and be able to laugh at the bad ones. I want to still remain as serious as I am now, but learn to be a little more lenient, and less stern. (don't get me wrong, there's a time and a place.... but I want to develope a calm attitude and not a grumpy bear one)   There are several things I wish I continued. I used to used to go exploring but life seemed to get in the way of living. Sometimes I re-realize that I'm the one making the choices for my life, and that no one else can. I want to be the type of person who doesn't get weighed down by the hustle and bustle and just... well be free.Maybe life would be actual adventure if i took the time to make it so.


I like dark thing, creepy things, glowing red eye things,
spooky things,  chilling things, and scary things that fly things. 
Anything, and everything, they're all my kind of things.


I want to express myself without putting myself in a box. Yes I like the color pink (although my favorites are purple, green and black) Yes, I like Barbie, and sugary anime.  I also like gothic literature, and binge watch BBC's In the flesh, and listen to Creepy doll music during my morning routine. I have a list of graveyards, and catacombs I want to see. My favorite animals are bat, moths and oh yeah puppies. I like Hannibal Lecter movies, and binge watched the whole Barbie life in the dream house series... twice.  If I had the choice to be a fairy or a goblin queen I'd pick both and not regret the choice even for a second. The point is, I don't want to force myself to believe that I have to be all pink, or all mori-esque all the time. People are multifaceted creatures, and should express ourselves accordingly. My interests change, I change but at the core of all those changes are the many things that make up... well, me. I know my online presence is most know for my pink and bubbly DIY channel, but I want to express myself. all of myself, and that's why I made this blog. To show the sides of me that aren't seen elsewhere (within reason)



Image result for kawaii old man
He's someone I look up to. Let's face it. I'm strange, and i'm only going to get weirder. This is my end goal, to be completely comfortable with myself. He's quite a brilliant teacher, but super adorable too.  



Image result for mori lifestyle

I'd like to incorporate mori into my life style a bit more. I'm thinking about having one day in the week where i use no electronics (I haven't figured out an appropriate day yet... but i will!)



17- What’s your favorite season and why? Autumn is the best! you can pack on the layers, it's not too hot or too cold. The trees are super pretty, not to mention all the activities.
  • bonfires
  • hayrides
  • apple picking
  • pumpkin picking
  • harvest festivals
  • Halloween
  • apple festivals
  • neighborhood movie nights
  • getting in the last camping tricks
  • hiking
  • biking in the brisk air
Fall is really the best!!!

Sadly the questions for this particular challenge has been removed, so this will be the last set of questions I will be answering from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment