Tuesday, February 14, 2017

If I could have a mori related business it would be…



I’d probably have my own brick and mortar store that sells accessories and lifestyle related goods. I would name it MuKaShiMuKaShi, which is roughly long, long ago/ once upon a time. (This is something I really really want to do. I’ve already started making plans for it, but realistically speaking, I can only do this after retirement or once I get more time on my hands.) The door would be a dark red, and have a welcome mat that says mukashi mukashi. There’d be a whole wall dedicated to hand knitted scarves, and hats and the floor will be made of bamboo. (it grows really fast, so replacing the bamboo I used for the flooring is possible, and won’t damage the environment as badly as other trees.) The theme is lost in the forest (with references to Japanese American, and Chinese folklore), so front half will have English ivy running up to the ceiling and the floor and crown molding will twist ad twin like vines. In the corner there will be giant willow trees made of resin with a matte finish. The trees will have drawers with different size tights in them.(includes petite- plus size). I also want an armoire full of baskets and purses. The checkout center will resemble snow white’s glass coffin and have fake amaranth, lavender, and orchids at the base. Wooden clothes racks full of up cycled garments will fill the center of the store. There will be mushroom shaped chairs outside the dressing room. As you go further into the store there will be a door way (with out a door, just a separation.) Above the door will read flora and once you enter and turn around the other side should say fauna. This side will continue the theme that the last room had but contains thinks related to dark mori. In this room there will be stationary with my mascots on them, and all sorts of nick-nacks. I want there to be a giant “magic” mirror for people to check themselves out in. Because this side is darkly inclined, there should be shelves at the top of this room with taxidermy. (I want an annual auction at the end of the year, and for the proceeds to go to a different charity each year.) At the very back should be a trunk full of animal shaped mufflers (don’t worry its all faux fur).   One wall should have a section of necklaces and rings on those rotating stands, but I want them to look like dead trees. The products are what really interest me. (I’ve already started sketching some things, and I'll add them when my scanner cooperates with me.)
As for the products, they’re where the theme really ties in. I want things that embody the best of my favorite stories. (so obviously there will be a ton of cheng e, children’s day, snow white, and beauty and the beast related items)

No comments:

Post a Comment