Tuesday, June 27, 2017

poetry challenge day 2

Day 2- Who was the last person you texted? Write a five line poem to that person.



So the last person I texted.... (oh man, I haven't had a cell phone since highs school. Ummm let me see.) I'm not too good at poetry, but let's give it a whirl, shall we?




It's true, the truth of truths  may be hidden to the youth
but woe to the elderly who let opportunity age as they did
moreover, changes in  values won't leave a generation uncouth
but like the  changing tides and whirling winds are splendid
yes, the  changing tides and whirling winds are splendid



So this is a basic summery of a conversation my friends and I had a couple years ago. This was around the time where we started to notice that the elderly (not all of them, but a loud few) blame the younger generations for some weird things. I remember one lady flip out at me, and was talking about how my generation ruined the housing market. (Logically speaking, this couldn't have been true, because you need to be a certain age to buy a house, plus the years developing a decent credit, and the age limit to get a loan from the bank, and if you factor in the fact that the market crashed before i was even 15 well.... It's easy to blame others when your frustrated, but this was ridiculous.) Things are certainly  changing, and using a scapegoat isn't going to cut it anymore. Technology is advancing and so is the world. This wasn't meant to attack people who are older, just point out that the world can't stay stagnate. You can't stay still, and I think that's the beauty of nature. It moves, and changes. It's supposed to. 




No comments:

Post a Comment