Monday, July 10, 2017

nifty thriftings + tips

nifty thriftings, like the new name ? Anywho, I went shopping recently and was going to make a haul post but well I didn't. Then I realized I should probably only show the things relevant to this blog because I would waste a lot of time otherwise. Now just to be clear these things where accumulated over three shopping trips, and only the things related  to mori kei .  You know what? Why not throw in some shoping tips while i'm at it?
Here's one of my favorite tops.

and a detail shot. I love how dreamy and romantic this looks. 

Tip 1: If you're going to shop at a thrift store try the clothes on while you're there. Even if the tag has one size, still try it on.This top is a size medium, but i'm like a large or extra large. Not all sizing is the same, so you might just get lucky and find something that fits you.

This blouse has poofy sleves, sadly these pictures don't do it justice.


Detail shot: Ahh look at the collar, so cute.



Tip 2: keep an open mind. You may have it set in your mind that you will buy a mint green shirt with pink polka-dot hearts. The thing with second hand/ thrifting/ charity shops is that you might not find exactly what you want. That is A-okay! Keep an open mind, you might find something that you didn't even know you wanted. It's like a sweet surprise that won't cost you an arm and a leg. 

This is a warm cream color and once again has puffy sleeves (I blame Anne with an "E" for this puffy sleeve obsession.)


 Detail shot: Ahh so pretty

 Tip 3: check for stains in the store. Most of these shops don't allow returns, so make sure you like what you buy.


I love this vest, It's so cozy and reminds me of when i used to stuff dead leaves in my backpack in grade school.

Detail shot: I admit that this wasn't something i thought I'd buy, but I got such a great deal for it.

 Tip 4: Check for sales! Ask about student , military, senior discounts or even discount days. My favorite thrift store has super saver Sundays, and you can get 50-60% off a ton of products

Here's a sweater that I bought on a super saver sunday.


Detail shot: I love the little flowers, I added the bunny myself to give it more of a personal touch.

Tip 5: Make it your own. I know not all of these type shops have clothes that fit everyone tastes. Sometimes you just have to get creative. This is especially true if you like to dress in alt. fashion. Hopefully I can get some new equipment and have a segment on my youtube channel for upcycleing clothes to fit different alt. styles. (Let me know if that sound like a good idea)


You don't have to stick to just clothes either. I bought this for like $1.50 from a goodwill



This bag has a really classy vintage feel,and was $7
Detail shot: Heeheee I toataly got a deal on this. Sure, there's a couple of stains but I like it.


Tip 6: If you have the time, check the whole store.
 This was fun, maybe I should do more of these type posts. What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment